Wednesday 1 June 2011

Coco goes on holiday!

Hi all, our human friend Heather has had a visitor. She has been looking after a dog called Coco, she hadn't been on holiday with them before so we asked her along to tell us about her adventure.

Hello Everyone, CoCo here and I am an 11 year old 3/4 French Poodle and 1/4 French Bulldog.
Louis and Dexter have asked me to drop by and share with you all 'What I did on my holidays!'
This is me, Coco
2 weeks ago the humans dropped me off with the nice doggy sitter people who had volunteered to look after me when they went on holiday to Turkey. I had waved my humans off early in the morning and I was a little upset and I started to feel a little sorry for my self.
However, this wasn't going to last because little did I know the Doggy Sitters had lots of things planned and lots of new places they wanted to take me.

After half an hour of sniffing around my new surroundings I checked that the humans had packed all my comforters and put them in my basket, two blankets, 3 rugs, 2 rubber bones and  my orange discus. I had already noted that my favourite biscuits had been handed over - so I wasn't going to go hungry, didn't need to worry because they did remember to feed me… and I did hover up they delicious food they carelessly left lying around. 
New places to play, they'll have to be fitter to keep up with me!
Once we had all got used to each other we loved spending time together. Playing with the Frisbee is the  bestest game ever!
The bestest game ever!
Every day they took me work so I wouldn't be lonely and I made sure all my paraphernalia came with me. They work in an office on a farm, so at lunch-times and break-times I had great fun going on walks across the fields.
 
After a few days I really needed ( I didn't say wanted) a bath. Here I am looking a little sorry for myself, I had a lovely blow dry after this  which made up for all the water.
Would you please stop taking photo's, can a girl get no privacy around here?!
The best thing of all was all the long walks and the play times in the park. My sturdy limbs did not succumb to any injury and I felt as fit as a flea by the end of the two weeks- just a little tired, but I'm not letting on because I want to do it all again next year.
 
Thanks Coco, that was great, what a fun holiday to have, maybe ours can go away and we can come and stay!! ;-) We hope we're looking as good as you when we're 11.  Dex & Lou x

26 comments:

Finn said...

Looks like you had a great two weeks, even though there was a bath involved! :)

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

What fun it was to meet Coco!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear from you, Coco!
It seems you had a good time!

3 doxies said...

Hellos Coco, nice to meet you!
I is kinda tired just thinking bouts da long walk across da feild...hehehe! But then yu hads to haves a BAFF...ugh!
It sounds like you hads just da perfect time withs da sitter!

I just loves meeting da boys' furiends.

Puddles

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi Coco... it was nice to meet you. Please tell Dex and Lou Hi fur me. I hope you come back again and visit with us.

Scooter said...

Hi Coco,
Looks like a good time was had afterall!! Least you werent bored to death!! Nice to meet you!!

wags
Jazzi

Bailey Be Good! said...

Cocooo! You're too cute!

Happy Wednesday woofs & hugs,

~Bailey

Ruth said...

Oh on! Not a bath! I'm sure you'll get over it! Like the frisbee!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Hi Coco!! It sure looks like lots of fun except for the bath but we all have to get them sometimes!! Lots of love, Holly & Mom

Suka said...

hey Coco,

So nice to meet you! You are a beautiful pup! What a fun two weeks you had! I agree about the bath picture, though. Shouldn't a girl dog have some modesty? BOL!

I bet working every day on a farm was great fun. So furry happy you had a great two weeks!

Suka

JacksDad said...

I hope you got to play with the towel after your bath!! That's the best!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Dex and Lou, can you hook us up with those nice sitters? Our humans are going on holiday in a few weeks and we think Coco had such a great time that we want to go there too.

But we might want to skip the baths:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Sagira said...

Coco...sounds like you ended up having a great time. The bath photo is too funny. :)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

What a great holiday....except for the bath. That picture doesn't need any words!

When we go to the sitters, the only luggage we take is a heart worm tablet if needed!

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Anonymous said...

Wow, Coco! You look GREAT to be 11! Well, you look great, period!

Sounds like you had a blast with the sitters. We kinda hope your humans go on vacation again soon so you can have that much fun again!

Elyse and Riley

Anonymous said...

You sure are a young looking 11 years old!

Sounds like you had a blast except for the bath!

woo woo, Tessa

The Daily Pip said...

Nice to meet you, Coco! It is nice to meet another mature doggie. I am 13! Most of the doggies around here are youngsters.

Your pal, Pip

Jon Terry said...

Hello Coco! Nice to meet you and I'm so glad that you had a wonderful holiday too :)

Love ya,
Jon Terry

Lorenza said...

Glad you had a great time Coco... with bath included!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Leigh said...

Nice to meet you Coco - sounds like you had a really great time - except maybe that bath :-( Love from Magic x

Remington said...

Nice to meet you!

Isaac the wonder schnauzer said...

The holidays sound like great fun, Coco. And sorry about the bath. Given enough ointment there's always a fly. Or give enough bone there's always a piece of lettuce!

Elaine Pritchard said...

I know Coco would see it as an invasion of privacy....but I LOVED the picture of her having a bath. That pained expression says it all.

I shouldn't laugh as I would hate it too.

(The LOTH says that on the continuing saga of the word "furtle" it doesn't appear in the Oxford English Dictionary - or any other as far as she knows - and seems to be a local dialect word. Our family got it from their south Derbyshire mining community ancestors of the early 1900s!!!)

Bailey Be Good! said...

Just dropping off some happy Thursday woofs & hugs!!

~Bailey

Oskar said...

Looks like a great holiday except for the bath!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Peggy Frezon said...

Nice to meet you Coco! What fun, and I bet you looked and smelled great after your bath!