Thursday 4 August 2011

Photo Competition Final!

Hi all, Dex and Lou's Momster here, I thought I'd hijack the blog and tell you about the judging of the photo competition. Thank you all for making our first competition such fun.

First of all the three judges said it was very, very hard to choose, as every photo had something special about it, however they persevered and although it took them a long time they finally came down to four for you to vote on. They only managed to get it down to nine at one time as each photo was so close, eventually they each chose a favourite and then one from all of them.

This was the table of photo's they were presented with, all printed out for perusal :-)
39 Brilliant photo's - we're going to make a collage from them
I couldn't have picked from them. the judges went with the criteria of a 'Summer Photo' and judged to their own interpretation, I had no influence - I was sent down to the bottom of the garden until they had finished!
A very hard job for the three judges, they loved all of you!
Well, now the hard bit, announcing the four for you to vote on, I almost don't want to post them because I don't want anyone to be disappointed. Here are the four, click to see a larger image:  drumroll....




























George on holiday in Anglesey Wales
The judges loved this photo of George and thought the background was a beautiful summer scene, I think his bandana may have helped too ;-)


Daisy Kendra and Bella in Australia
Again, they loved this photo because it showed the three guys having summer holiday fun, furtling along the riverbank and doing what dogs do best.


Monaco on holiday at Lake Garda, Italy
Monaco made all the judges smile with this so summery pose, what a cool guy!


Pip In Northern Ireland
The judges loved the wistful look on Pip's face, as well as the beautiful setting, one of the judges particuarly loved Pips ears!


Well, I hope you are all happy with the judges decision, again I repeat that any one of the entries could have been shortlisted and we are just so grateful for you all joining in the fun.

Instead of a poll on the blog could I trouble you to email your vote to us, within the next week. I know it will probably be a case of stick a pin in the page and vote for that one because they're all brilliant but if it's okay with everyone I'd rather avoid the poll method.

The only problem we have with polls is that if you're not logged in the results are visible, as they are once you have voted. If by some chance one dog got no votes then I would be worrying that they'd be upset!! It will also mean only real Blog friends will take the trouble to vote by email so we avoid unwelcomes that we unfortuately encountered in a previous poll.

Please let us know your favourite by emailing schnauzerdays@yahoo.co.uk - you only need to write the name if you want to, that's fine. I will assume the entrants would like to vote for their own dogs so we'll start off with a vote each! Your emails and your voting choice will be entirely and absolutely confidential - as I say it would be names in a hat if it was me!

Thank you for putting up with my ramblings, back to the boys much more interesting view on life next week, on Wednesday we'll post ALL of the photo entries for Wordless Wednesdays. Thanks again everyone!!!

Don't forget you don't have to have taken part to vote, we'd love you all to have your say!

27 comments:

sprinkles said...

I meant to enter this but as usual, I procrastinated a little too long and missed out.

Just emailed you my vote.

Good luck to the finalists!

Dotty said...

Great choice of finalists and it has been fun seeing all those dogs!

Good luck guys. i'll e-mail my choice tomorrow x

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That was a VERY difficult choice...we're just excited to be a finalist! But we will try to vote when we work out how to do it.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Scooter said...

they all are great, this will be a hard decision!!

wags
Jazzi

Road Dog Tales said...

We think you can add a link to your email by first adding a page to your blog under "Design" then just put your email link on that page. It should show up at the top of your blog. Someone else can probably explain this better :)

The Road Dogs

Tucker The Crestie said...

Congratulations to the winners! All the photos were beautiful!

Backcountry Brodie said...

The judges did a fine job. I casted my vote.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We just won a photo contest, so I know how hard it can be....

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

Geez, don't those judges KNOW it's a Schnauzer blog? Not one of us kind in the finals????

Humpf!

I'll get over it, Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

All of the pictures are wonderful!! I would not be able to pick one out because I would want all of them to win!! I'll email you. BTW...I have no idea how to put a link in a blog.....I am not that smart with this at all!!! Thanks for the wishes on my blog....I appreciate them very much!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh this has been so fun, and we know it was hard for the judges,, because they are all sooo cute,, but we are emailing you our vote!
love
tweedles

Scooter said...

To add your e-mail to your sidebar:
Go to design, then to add Add a Gadget on the side, click on it. Go down to Text, click on Text. In the big box, you write a message or just write your e-mail address and click save. Where it says Title, you can title it whatever you want to. As soon as you save it, it will show up on your sidebar. Hope it helps.

wags
Jazzi

Suka said...

hey Dexter and Louis' Mom,

What a super contest and I am still grrrr mad at my human that she did not enter me. I know I would have won! I just know it! BOL!

Anyway, congratulations to the Final Four! They are amazing photos and it will be very hard to pick just one.

Speaking of which, ALL the entries were amazing and your Judges definitely had their work cut out for them. I loved all the photos entered in your contest and am impressed by the creativity of the humans and the beauty of all the pets. :->

My human will e-mail you later with her pick.

Suka

Leigh said...

What lovely photos and such beautiful settings. Great work choosing 4 great images BUT so-o hard to choose between them - will e-mail a vote - love from Magic x

Anonymous said...

Hello Dex and my Beau Louis!

I think you all did a lovely job of selectin the Final Four. It could not have been easy.

woos and hugs, Tessa

Dove said...

FABULOUS finalist!!!
~Roxie]
They are all cool!
~Dyno
WOW great choices that's gonna be a hard decision!!!
~Bella

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to the final four! What a tough decision. We'll be sending you our vote asap!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sagira said...

Congrats! Looks like the judges had a hard time deciding with all of those cute photos. :)

Monaco said...

Thanks my friends! Just saw it today! I was busy just doing the same as at the picture, had to enjoy the good weather yesterday... But thats a tough competition I must say!

Scooter said...

Wow, what a great set of four finalists! This event was so much fun. These pix are totally pawesome. Thanks for hosting the event and I'm on my way to email my vote!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Bailey Be Good! said...

OOOH! They're all beautiful pics! It was so hard to choose just one. :)

Happy Sunday woofs & hugs <3,

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Anonymous said...

Those are great finalist choices! I wish them all the best of luck :D

Thanks for having the contest guys. It was a lot of fun perusing all the super entries! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

George The Lad said...

Oh my I'm up there, I loved all the photos, how can you pick one. I thought Rubies comment was funny.
Just popped by to say thanks for not forgetting me.
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

George The Lad said...

Oh my I'm up there, I loved all the photos, how can you pick one. I thought Rubies comment was funny.
Just popped by to say thanks for not forgetting me.
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Shane Kent Louis said...

wow, that was really great idea, who won in the photo competitions? I they are all have a good shots.. :)

Dog Fence

Jon Terry said...

Hey D & L,
Congrats to you and mommy to for having this great idea. Lovely pics and congrats to all those finalist.

Have a great weekend!

Love ya,
Jon Terry

Ruth said...

I wouldn't have had a clue where to start choosing!